Summer Berry Bread Pudding
Try this no-bake desert featuring the fruity tastes of summer. Keep your kitchen cool on hot summer nights with a delicious, light bread pudding without heating up your oven. Very berry good!
8 Slices of Great Harvest Challah Bread
2 Cups Sliced Fresh Strawberries
2 Cups Fresh Blueberries
2 Cups Fresh Raspberries
2 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
5 Tablespoons Water
1. Place 1 cup ramekin or similar small dish on top of a slice of bread and trip so bread will fit in dish. Repeat with all slices.
2. Combine berries, sugar & water in medium
saucepan & cook over medium-high heat
until berries break down - 5 to 6 minutes.
3. Reserve 2/3 cup, cover & refrigerate.
4. Place 1 tablespoon of berry mix in bottom of each ramekin. Top with slice of bread. Divide remaining berry mix as 3rd layer in remekins. Top with slice of bread.
5. Put puddings on large plate. Cover with plastic wrap & put 15oz weight (canned good) on each. Refrigerate 6 - 48 hours.
6. Uncover, cut around edges, invert onto plate & spoon reserved berry mix on each.
Great Harvest Bread Co.
765 South Colorado Boulevard
Denver, Colorado 80246
Open Mon. - Fri. 6am - 3pm
Sat. 8am - 3pm, Closed Sun.