With tangy olives, creamy cheese, savory salami or pepperoni, fresh tomatoes and Mediterranean spices, this crispy bread salad featuring our Kalamata Olive Sourdough steals the show of any meal.
1 Loaf Great Harvest Kalamata Olive Sourdough
5 Tablespoons Olive Oil, Divided
1/3 Cup Pitted & Sliced Olives (Any Varieties)
1/3 Cup Cubed Fresh Mozzarella or Feta Cheese
1/4 Cup Cubed Salami or Pepperoni
1 14.5oz Can Petite Diced Tomatoes
2 Cloves Garlic, Crushed or Finely Minced
1 Tablespoon Fresh Oregano, Minced
1 Tablespoon Fresh Basil, Minced
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Cube Kalamata Olive Sourdough into 1” cubes.
3. Toss bread cubes with 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large bowl until cubes are evenly coated with oil.
4. Spread cubes evenly on a large baking sheet.
5. Bake 40 - 45 minutes to toast cubes, stirring every 15 minutes.
6. While bread is toasting, drain juice from canned tomatoes into a bowl. Reserve diced tomatoes.
7. Add crushed garlic and minced herbs to tomato juice. Stir to combine and develop flavors.
8. Once cooled, put bread cubes in large serving bowl.
9. Add tomato juice and toss to coat bread cubes.
10. Add tomatoes and salami/pepperoni and toss.
11. Add remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and toss.
12. Add cheese and olives and gently fold together.
13. Let flavors develop for 30 minutes before serving.
About 8 Meal Servings, About 16 Appetizer Servings
Great Harvest Bread Co.
765 South Colorado Boulevard
Denver, Colorado 80246
Open Mon. - Fri. 6am - 3pm
Sat. 8am - 3pm, Closed Sun.